Preserving trust is a core value. We recognize that you expect us to protect the information you provide us and to use it responsibly. We are strongly committed to fulfilling the trust that is the foundation of your expectations. For that reason, we have adopted and adhere to the following policy regarding the privacy of your nonpublic personal information and personally identifiable information (collectively Nonpublic Personal Information).
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights effective January 1, 2020.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request Cavalier Insurance Marketing Services, LLC disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request we will disclose to you the personal data with have collected about you within 45 days of the request. Cavalier Insurance Marketing Services, LLC never sells information collected from form submissions or applications.
To request your data:
- Send an email to CCPA@thecavalierstrategy.net
- Title the subject line with “I request my personal information according to CCPA”
- Provide you full name, email address, phone number
A. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We may collect Nonpublic Personal Information from you or others, including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, other information that permits us to contact or communicate with you, information about your financial situation including your employment or occupation, salary, assets, insurance and other financial and tax information you may elect to supply to us.
B. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect this Nonpublic Personal Information through various sources, including:
- Information we receive from you on new account forms, fact-finding questionnaires, product and service applications, and other forms;
- Information we receive from you, in writing, electronically, through the telephone, or through our website, when you communicate with us, or request information about our products and services;
- Your transactions with us, our affiliates, and those product sponsors with whom we have selling agreements or other arrangements for the provision of services to you;
- Consumer reporting agencies; and
- Affiliated and unaffiliated product sponsors with whom we have selling relationships and whose products you own.
C. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As permitted by law and as outlined in this policy, we use information collected for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request an illustration or ask a question about our services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. We may save your information to facilitate new service requests.
- To provide support, personalize and develop our websites, content and services.
- To create, maintain and customize your account with us.
- To process requests, transactions and payments, and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
D. INFORMATION THAT WE DISCLOSE
As permitted by law and as outlined in this policy, we disclose Nonpublic Personal Information to affiliates and unaffiliated third parties that provide services to us or with whom we have contractual relationships in order that we may carry out your directions and effectively and efficiently service your account. Examples of third parties with whom we may share your Nonpublic Personal Information include:
- Insurance companies, and other product sponsors in order to execute your insurance purchases and sales and to allow for the servicing of your accounts;
- Companies providing account performance and/or reporting services on your accounts;
- Banks and other financial institutions where our Agents and Advisors are located and with who we have arrangements for the marketing and sale of our products and services;
- Companies that provide services to us to assist with the maintenance of required books and records or to facilitate client mailings or publications on our behalf;
- State, Federal, and other regulatory and self-regulatory authorities as required by law or regulation;
- Other companies, associations, agencies, third parties, and institutions that provide services to us in order that we may more effectively and efficiently service your account; and those companies, associations, agencies, third parties, and institutions with which we or our Agents and Advisors are licensees, registrants, or Members. Where we share your Nonpublic Personal Information with third parties for the purposes noted above, we ensure that there are contractual agreements with the third party prohibiting their use and disclosure of that information for any purpose other than to carry out the purposes for which you disclosed the information or that such third party is prohibited by law from further sharing your information (such as regulators). Except under the circumstances outlined above, we will not share Nonpublic Personal Information with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties concerning our current or former customers for marketing purposes or otherwise.
E. STEPS WE TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We have security policies and procedures reasonably designed to prevent unauthorized use or access to your Nonpublic Personal Information. In addition to your Agents and Advisors and his or her office, your information is available to employees for various business purposes, such as processing or servicing transactions, and those fulfilling compliance, legal or audit functions. Our computer systems utilize password protection to prevent access by unauthorized personnel, and we employ other physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to ensure the protection of your Nonpublic Personal Information in accordance with state and federal privacy regulations.